Fantastic thick alpaca socks for children in 75% baby alpaca and 25% nylon with hand-linked toes for a flat seam and extra comfort. These socks are perfect for the busy outdoor child and particularly good for walking boots,
Although far too big for William (size UK 9) it did not seem to matter and he could still get his boots on! For children approximately 7 years old and upwards. Shoe size UK 12½ - 3½ only.
LAST POSTING DATES TO BE GUARANTEED FOR CHRISTMAS
International items: NOW ENDED
Europe: NOW ENDED
Great Britain and Northern Ireland: 19th December standard postage
19th - 21st December 1st Class ONLY
up to 21st December NEXT DAY SPECIAL DELIVERY
All our prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs. The VAT part is shown as you go through checkout and on your invoice.
We offer FREE delivery for basket value of £50 and over. All orders over £100 will require a signature.
WE POST WEEKDAYS ONLY; FASTER POSTS MUST BE DONE BEFORE MIDDAY
Postage rates: 1st Class small parcel £3.12 + VAT = £3.74
2nd Class Signed For delivery £3.67+ VAT = £4.39 (up to 3 days)
1st Class Signed For (1-2 days) £4.17 + VAT = £5.00
Next Day Guaranteed delivery is £10.40 + VAT = £12.90 (COST INCLUDES SERVICE TO FAST FORWARD THESE ORDERS!)
Saturday Guarantee £15.48 + VAT = £18.58 (to be done on a Friday only up to 12 midday or for customers who are only home on a Saturday).
We can normally get orders dispatched within 3 WORKING (Monday - Friday) days, however, we don't guarantee this as there can be some sporadic very busy periods, particularly in the run up to Christmas. We do not post on Saturdays.
Our default postage is 1st Class standard small packet unless they are large items in which case they will go by a carrier. The carrier will need a signature or your permission to leave somewhere safe.
If you would like your item by the following day please select Next Day in the shipping option section. Please note that the cut off time for Next Day Guaranteed and First Class Signed For is 12 midday Monday to Friday only - we do not work over the weekends. These are sent via Royal Mail's Special Delivery service and must be signed for. If you do an order on Friday before 12 midday and you want it for Saturday you need to select the Saturday Guarantee option or it will arrive on Monday. You can always phone to make absolutely sure we have received your Next Day order – 01886 853 615.
We can send gifts all over the world and only charge the rates we are charged ourselves.
We want you to be 100% satisfied, not only with your purchases but also with your dealings with us. If you have a problem please let us know. If you have been sent a Trust Pilot request and you do not want to respond please just delete it. If you get a request for feedback and your order has not arrived please let us know. If you wish to insure your order you can do that with Trusted Shops but again you will receive an email checking that everything is satisfactory so if you dislike such emails don't start the process!
We would ask you to help us by returning all Christmas presents for exchanges and returns within 16 days of Christmas Day being the 16th January, 2018.
If you are not happy with your purchases you can return them to us for a refund or exchange providing they are unused and in re-saleable condition.
1. You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 7 working days starting the day of delivery. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel you must notify us in writing, either email or letter. The cost of postage will be deducted if we are not at fault.
2. It would be helpful to us if you could e-mail your intention to return the goods to email@example.com. Please complete the Returns Form enclosed with your order as this will help speed up the refund process. Goods are refunded within 30 days and usually when they arrive.The item(s) must be returned within 14 days of invoice date (
3. Goods must be returned depending on their insurance value - these items are your responsibility when they are in your care and you must get valuable items covered by using one of the tracked and signed for services - this is for your protection and not ours - if something gets lost coming back to us you need to be able to make a claim - although unbelievably rare it does happen.
4. We will credit your original method of payment. If the products you return are faulty or not as ordered we will of course give you a full refund plus the postage costs back to us.
5. If you want to exchange any items, please email or ring on 01886 853 615 so that we can let you know whether we have that item in stock. There is no need to return the box for an exchange of the contents but you do need to return the box for a refund for slippers as they are in their own special boxes.
6. We try our very best to respond to e-mails within 1 day. Please bear in mind that in very bad weather we have been known to lose our Broadband connection and our phone lines - the farm is the last one on the line in the middle of nowhere and we have ongoing connection problems.
7. Peel off right hand sticker on returns form to: Perilla Limited, Park Farm,
8. We will not refund hats if they have been worn, smell of perfume or have make up on them and it is unfair to ask us to.
9. If you return goods because of a change of mind or gifts are unwanted we will deduct the cost of postage out to you.
10. If goods are returned for a refund then our cost of postage out to you will be deducted from that refund unless we or the goods were at fault.
Please Note - Colours: Colours look different when they are photographed outside to studio shots but we try very hard indeed to represent the colours as best we can. Pinks and reds are notoriously hard to do. What we have no control over is your own monitor and how that is set.
Everyday Socks: 55% alpaca to give a much thinner everyday sock. All toes are hand linked giving a flat surface over delicate toes.
Short Rib: The quality of these socks is sublime with a cushioned sole and hand linked toes to give the ultimate comfort.
Wellington Boot Socks: a longer version of the short ribbed socks, they have ribbed sides and soft cushioned sole with hand linked toes.
Walking socks: These are our thickest cosiest socks with all around terry looped insides and hand linked toes.
Made from 75% baby alpaca and 25% nylon these socks seriously do not need washing that often - once a season is enough for children. Alpaca naturally repels odour and bacteria so our socks stay soft and fresh forever!
Alpaca has unique hollow fibres which have higher insulating properties than any other wool. The fibre has a low prickle factor and can be worn by those who normally cannot tolerate wool next to their skin. Alpaca naturally repels bacteria and odour so socks can be worn for a week without the need to wash. Embrace the arrival of Long Life Socks!
We have found that alpaca socks and knitwear wash beautifully and there is no shrinkage at all, ever. We have socks that have been worn and washed regularly for the last five years and they are still perfect.
It is not heat that will ruin your alpaca goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine – or hand wash of course. Beware of washing machines that are microchipped - once you have selected a setting it cannot be changed if it is incorrect - the programme is set (Miele is the prime example) and no amount of knob twiddling will change that setting!
- Wash on a 30/40° C wool cycle.
- Do not use biological detergent, go for special wool wash
- Wash in a net bag or pillowcase.
- Can be washed gently by hand in tepid water with a short spin.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally – they do take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not dry on direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry.