Bed socks that are suitable for both men and women. Natural undyed 90% alpaca bed socks in a 2 x 2 rib with no elastane. They slacken up quicker than our standard range. Please don't be put off by how ordinary or slim they look, take it from us they do a brilliant job even if limbs are bandaged - wear them overnight and then send them back if you think they are not right - never had a pair back yet when actually tried! Keep to your shoe size and do not be tempted to go a size up.
As with all our bed socks, 90% alpaca really is for bedroom use only and not for padding around the house! Alpaca naturally repels bacteria so these socks will stay fresh for a week or more, in fact they just get better and better with wearing.
All our prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs. The VAT part is shown as you go through checkout and on your invoice.
We offer FREE delivery for basket value of £50 and over. All orders over £75 will require a signature.
These are the actual rates we pay - we do not make any profit on postage. Postage rates: 1st Class small parcel £3.12 + VAT = £3.74; 2nd Class Signed For delivery £3.67+ VAT = £4.39 (up to 3 days); 1st Class Signed For (1-2 days) £4.17 + VAT = £5.00, Next Day Guaranteed delivery is £10.40 + VAT = £12.90; Saturday Guarantee £15.48 + VAT = £18.58 (to be done on a Friday only up to 12 midday or for customers who are only home on a Saturday).
We can normally get orders dispatched within 3 WORKING (Monday - Friday) days, however, we don't guarantee this as there can be some sporadic very busy days if we have run a successful advert for instance or the run up to Christmas. The postage you select will be done when we get to your order not when you place the order except if you select Next Day. We do not post on Saturdays.
Our default postage is 1st Class standard small packet (takes up to 3 days) unless they are large items in which case they will go by a carrier. The carrier will need a signature or your permission to leave somewhere safe.
If you would like your item by the following day please select Next Day in the shipping option section. Please note that the cut off time for Next Day and First Class Signed For is 12 midday Monday to Friday only - we do not work over the weekends. These are sent via Royal Mail's Special Delivery service and must be signed for. If you do an order on Friday before 12 midday and you want it for Saturday you need to select the Saturday Guarantee option or it will arrive on Monday. You can always phone to make absolutely sure we have received your Next Day order – 01886 853 615.
We can send gifts all over the world and only charge the rates we are charged ourselves.
We want you to be 100% satisfied, not only with your purchases but also with your dealings with us. If you have a problem please let us know. If you have been sent a Trust Pilot request and you do not want to respond please just delete it. If you get a request for feedback and your order has not arrived please let us know.
If you are not happy with your purchases you can return them to us for a refund or exchange providing they are unused and in re-saleable condition.
1. You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 7 working days starting the day of delivery. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel you must notify us in writing, either email or letter.
2. It would be helpful to us if you could e-mail your intention to return the goods to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete the Returns Form enclosed with your order as this will help speed up the refund process. Goods are refunded within 30 days and usually when they arrive.The item(s) must be returned within 14 days of invoice date (
3. Goods must be returned depending on their insurance value - these items are your responsibility when they are in your care and you must get valuable items covered by using one of the tracked and signed for services - this is for your protection and not ours - if something gets lost coming back to us you need to be able to make a claim - although unbelievably rare it does happen.
4. We will credit your original method of payment. If the products you return are faulty or not as ordered we will of course give you a full refund plus the postage costs back to us.
5. If you want to exchange any items, please email or ring on 01886 853 615 so that we can let you know whether we have that item in stock. There is no need to return the box for an exchange of the contents but you do need to return the box for a refund OR slippers as they are in their own special boxes.
6. We try our very best to respond to e-mails within 1 day. Please bear in mind that in very bad weather we have been known to lose our Broadband connection and our phone lines - the farm is the last one on the line in the middle of nowhere and we have ongoing connection problems.
7. Peel off right hand sticker on returns form to: Perilla Limited, Park Farm,
8. We will not refund hats if they have been worn, smell of perfume or have make up on them and it is unfair to ask us to.
Please Note - Colours: Colours look different when they are photographed outside to studio shots but we try very hard indeed to represent the colours as best we can. Pinks and reds are notoriously hard to do. What we have no control over is your own monitor and how that is set - we have two PC's, an iPhone, an iPad and one Apple Mac in our office and the colours look slightly different on each of them so please bear that in mind.
All our alpaca bed socks are made of 90% alpaca and 10% nylon. Alpaca has unique hollow fibres that have higher insulating properties than any other wool. The fibre has a low "prickle factor" which means that it can be worn by babies and people with sensitive skins. It naturally repels bacteria and odour so socks can be worn for a week without the need to wash. Embrace the arrival of long-life socks!
We have found that alpaca socks and knitwear wash beautifully and there is no shrinkage at all, ever. We have socks that have been worn and washed for many years and they are still perfect.
It is not heat that will ruin your alpaca goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine - or hand wash of course.
- Wash on a 30/40°C wool cycle in a machine.
- Can be washed gently (no rubbing!) by hand in tepid water with a short spin.
- Wash dark colours, pale colours and bright colours separately.
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally - they do take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not dry on direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Wash in a net bag or pillow case - optional.
- Can be ironed
- If you have a Miele or another computer chip driven machine and you set the wrong setting do not change on the dial as that will not change the setting - unplug the machine and start again!