Photography of knitwear is always difficult - the indoor shots very often make the items a little more dull than they actually are, daylight on the other hand differs so much that depending on the time of year, the time of day etc. the light can be so very different and that makes the colours look different, often slightly brighter than they actually are. We do our best but please be aware that you need to understand that there is only so much we can do and we are by no means the only company that have trouble with colours, particularly when they are mixed like Fair Isle is by definition.
It is not heat that will ruin your Merino lambswool goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine. No other wash programme washes in the way that a wool programme washes.
- Machine Wash on a 30/40°C WOOL CYCLE ONLY.
- Can be washed gently by hand in tepid water with a short spin. No rubbing!
- Do not use biological liquid or powder, use Wool or Cashmere detergent.
- No more than 1 kilo of wool per wash.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Wash similar colours together ie pale colours, bright colours
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally - preferably line dry.
- Do not dry on or near direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Wash in a net bag or pillow case.
- Can be ironed
- ONCE AGAIN - WOOL PROGRAMME ONLY IN A MACHINE