Alpaca bed sock for children; a loose ribbed 90% baby alpaca yarn - just sublime! The cream and grey socks are woven in their natural un-dyed colour. They may look a bit ordinary but take it from us, they do the job better than any others we have come across. These are strictly for bedroom use ONLY!
ONE SIZE ONLY UK Shoe Size: 12½ - 3½. Please click on Information & Care for more info. They last about three years on average.
Please note: This is our busiest period. We try our hardest to get orders out within 3 working days but cannot guarantee this so if something is urgent please put a First or Next Day on it. This must be done before midday. If something has not arrived when you think it should have let us know asap. This is all posted with Royal Mail so will come with your own postman. If you receive a shipping notice you should receive your order within 4 days at the outside.
Christmas Delivery: UK ONLY - please refer to Royal Mail website for all latest post dates for foreign orders as too numerous to set out here. These are the "guaranteed" to be delivered cut off dates. Items may well still get there for Christmas but that is entirely at your risk.
- Monday December 16th - deadline for Standard Mail
- Tuesday December 17th - 2nd Class Royal Mail Signed For
- Wednesday December 18th - 1st Class Small Parcel and 1st Class Royal Mail Signed For
- Thursday December 19th - Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
- The above MUST BE MADE BEFORE 12 MIDDAY absolutely no exceptions.
All our prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs. The VAT part is shown as you go through checkout and on your invoice.
Basket value of £50 and over we offer free postage.
All our post is sent via Royal Mail and delivered by your own postman.
Postage rates: Our default postage is 2nd Class small parcel - delivery 2-3 days. By law we have to add VAT to these rates. Royal Mail prices go up annually.
2nd Class small packet (2-3 days) £2.90 + VAT = £3.48
1st Class small packet (1-2 Days) £3.48 + VAT = £4.18
1st Class Signed For (1-2 days) £4.48 + VAT = £5.38
Next Day Guaranteed delivery is £8.25 + VAT = £9.90
Saturday Guarantee £12.90 + VAT = £15.48 (to be done on a Friday only up to 12 midday or for customers who are only home on a Saturday).
We can normally get orders dispatched within 3 WORKING (Monday - Friday) days, however, we don't guarantee this as there can be some sporadic very busy periods and October to end December we are always busy. We do not post on Saturdays.
Our default postage is now 2nd Class standard small packet unless they are large items in which case they will go by a carrier. The carrier will need a signature or your permission to leave somewhere safe.
If you would like your item by the following day please select Next Day in the shipping option section. Please note that the cut off time for Next Day Guaranteed and First Class Signed For is 12 midday Monday to Friday only - we do not work over the weekends. These are sent via Royal Mail's Special Delivery service and must be signed for. If you do an order on Friday before 12 midday and you want it for Saturday you need to select the Saturday Guarantee option or it will arrive on Monday. You can always phone to make absolutely sure we have received your Next Day order – 01886 853 615.
Gifts: Please ensure that the correct address is entered for shipping - it is unfair to expect us to re send an order when you have made an error. It is even more unfair to give us poor review feedback when it is entirely your fault and not ours. It is impossible for us to check each and every shipping address before we send out, we send out a hundred orders a day. UK addresses can be checked on the Royal Mail website so please click here or copy and paste into your browser:
We can send gifts all over the world and only charge the rates we are charged ourselves.
We want you to be 100% satisfied, not only with your purchases but also with your dealings with us. If you have a problem please let us know. If you have been sent a Trust Pilot request and you do not want to respond please just delete it. If you get a request for feedback and your order has not arrived please let us know. If you wish to insure your order you can do that with Trusted Shops but again you will receive an email checking that everything is satisfactory so if you dislike such emails don't start the process!
Confirmation emails: Take care spelling your email address correctly, we have no magic system of knowing what it can possibly be and if it is wrong you will not get an email from us. Some customers have btinternet.com/co.uk and hotmail addresses both always drop us into the Spam mail. Please check there when you make an order with us to see confirmation and shipping emails.
Christmas Returns: We would really appreciate all returns to back with us within 14 days which is Wednesday 8th January for UK customers.
If you are not happy with your purchases you can return them to us for a refund or exchange providing they are unused and in re-saleable condition.
1. You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 14 days. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel you must notify us in writing, either email or phone. The cost of postage will be deducted if we are not at fault.
2. The item(s) must be returned within 28 days of invoice date. Please complete the Returns Form enclosed with your order as this will help speed up the refund process. Goods are refunded within 10 days of arrival here.
3. Goods must be returned depending on their insurance value - these items are your responsibility when they are in your care and you must get valuable items covered by using one of the tracked and signed for services - this is for your protection and not ours - if something gets lost coming back to us you need to be able to make a claim - although unbelievably rare it does happen.
4. We will credit your original method of payment. If the products you return are faulty or not as ordered we will of course give you a full refund plus the postage costs back to us.
5. If you want to exchange any items, please email or ring on 01886 853 615 so that we can let you know whether we have that item in stock. There is no need to return the box for an exchange of the contents but you do need to return the box for a refund for slippers as they are in their own special boxes.
6. We try our very best to respond to e-mails within 1 day. Please bear in mind that in very bad weather we have been known to lose our Broadband connection and our phone lines - the farm is the last one on the line in the middle of nowhere and we have ongoing connection problems.
7. Peel off right hand sticker on returns form to: Perilla Limited, Park Farm,
8. If you return goods because of a change of mind or gifts are unwanted we will deduct the cost of postage out to you even if they were sent out for free.
10. If goods are returned for a refund then our cost of postage out to you will be deducted from that refund unless we or the goods were at fault.
Please Note - Colours: Colours look different when they are photographed outside to studio shots but we try very hard indeed to represent the colours as best we can. Pinks and reds are notoriously hard to do. What we have no control over is your own monitor and how that is set.
Bed socks that are suitable for everyone at any age. A loose ribbed alpaca bed sock - just sublime! Made of 90% pure baby alpaca. Strictly for bed use only and not for padding around the house.
They might appear rather ordinary if you are not used to the handle of alpaca but do not be too quick to judge their softness, it is all about the wearing, they just get better and better. We have found they are more effective in keeping feet at a perfect temperature at night than any other fibre.
All our alpaca bed socks are made of 90% alpaca and 10% nylon. Alpaca has unique hollow fibres that have higher insulating properties than any other wool. The fibre has a low "prickle factor" which means that it can be worn by babies and people with sensitive skins. It naturally repels bacteria and odour so socks can be worn for a week without the need to wash. Embrace the arrival of long-life socks!
We have found that alpaca socks and knitwear wash beautifully and there is no shrinkage at all, ever. We have socks that have been worn and washed for many years and they are still perfect.
It is not heat that will ruin your alpaca goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine - or hand wash of course.
- Wash on a 30/40°C wool cycle in a machine. No more than 1 Kilo of washing to be in machine. Use wool specific detergent.
- Can be washed gently (no rubbing!) by hand in tepid water with a short spin.
- Wash dark colours, pale colours and bright colours separately; there could be a little excess dye to start with.
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally - they do take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not dry on direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry
- Wash in a net bag or pillow case - optional.
- Can be ironed
- If you have a Miele or another computer chip driven machine and you set the wrong setting do not change on the dial as that will not change the setting - unplug the machine and start again!