Alpaca Bed Socks
Bed socks that are suitable for everyone at any age. A loose ribbed alpaca bed sock - just sublime! Made of 90% pure baby alpaca. Strictly for bed use only and not for padding around the house.
They might appear rather ordinary if you are not used to the handle of alpaca but do not be too quick to judge their softness, it is all about the wearing, they just get better and better. We have found they are more effective in keeping feet at a perfect temperature at night than any other fibre.
All our alpaca bed socks are made of 90% alpaca and 10% nylon. Alpaca has unique hollow fibres that have higher insulating properties than any other wool. The fibre has a low "prickle factor" which means that it can be worn by babies and people with sensitive skins. It naturally repels bacteria and odour so socks can be worn for a week without the need to wash. Embrace the arrival of long-life socks!
We have found that alpaca socks and knitwear wash beautifully and there is no shrinkage at all, ever. We have socks that have been worn and washed for many years and they are still perfect.
It is not heat that will ruin your alpaca goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine - or hand wash of course.
- Wash on a 30/40°C wool cycle in a machine. No more than 1 Kilo of washing to be in machine. Use wool specific detergent.
- Can be washed gently (no rubbing!) by hand in tepid water with a short spin.
- Wash dark colours, pale colours and bright colours separately; there could be a little excess dye to start with.
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally - they do take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not dry on direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry
- Wash in a net bag or pillow case - optional.
- Can be ironed
- If you have a Miele or another computer chip driven machine and you set the wrong setting do not change on the dial as that will not change the setting - unplug the machine and start again!