Alpaca Bed Socks
All our alpaca bed socks are made of 90% alpaca and 10% nylon. Alpaca has unique hollow fibres that have higher insulating properties than any other wool. The fibre has a low "prickle factor" which means that it can be worn by babies and people with sensitive skins. It naturally repels bacteria and odour so socks can be worn for a week without the need to wash. Embrace the arrival of long-life socks!
We have found that alpaca socks and knitwear wash beautifully and there is no shrinkage at all, ever. We have socks that have been worn and washed for many years and they are still perfect.
It is not heat that will ruin your alpaca goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine - or hand wash of course.
- Wash on a 30/40°C wool cycle in a machine.
- Can be washed gently (no rubbing!) by hand in tepid water with a short spin.
- Wash dark colours, pale colours and bright colours separately.
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally - they do take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not dry on direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Wash in a net bag or pillow case - optional.
- Can be ironed
- If you have a Miele or another computer chip driven machine and you set the wrong setting do not change on the dial as that will not change the setting - unplug the machine and start again!