Alpaca socks with soft cushioned sole. Alpaca naturally repels bacteria so you can wear these socks without ever needing to wash them - perfect for a week away in the boat where space is short.
Please click on Information & Care for full description. Click HERE for Gift Box options.
This is our busiest time of year and orders can take between two to three working days before despatch - sometimes a little longer. Then allow 3-4 days delivery after despatch if your parcel is being sent second class post.
Last posting dates:
Monday 18th December: 1st Class, 1st Class Signed For
Tuesday 19th December: Next Day Guaranteed Royal Mail only by midday.
Other orders will be processed as normal but we do not guarantee anything for Christmas delivery after these cut off dates - do not call and give us a lecture either!
PERILLA GIFT SLEEVES - WE TRY AND SECOND-GUESS HOW MANY SLEEVES ARE REQUIRED AS GIFTS. MANY CUSTOMERS DO LARGE ORDERS FOR THEMSELVES AND WHEN WE HAVE TIME WE CALL AND CHECK. IF WE HAVE NOT PUT IN ENOUGH FOR YOU LET US KNOW BUT WE GET MORE COMPLAINTS FOR TOO MUCH PACKAGING THAN WE DO REQUESTING MORE!
Sometimes we send everything out in plastic packaging as our post has to wait outside for collection and the paper envelopes will disintegrate as you might imagine. Please do not give us negative reviews for this, we only do it when we have to.
Postage and Delivery:
Basket value of £50 we offer free postage UK
Basket value of £100 and over we offer free postage for Europe.
We now offer delivery by EVRI as many customers find their service excellent but Royal Mail is also offered if you prefer delivery by your own postman. We do NOT recommend EVRI for Northern Ireland or Scotland, they have been proven to be wanting.
Postage rates: Our default postage is 2nd Class small parcel - delivery 3-4 days from dispatch. We are obliged to add VAT to these rates. Royal Mail prices go up bi-annually.
EVRI STANDARD RATE - 2-3 business days after despatch = £2.65
Royal Mail - Standard Post - takes 3-4 days after despatch - £2.99 + VAT = £3.58
Royal Mail EXPRESS -takes 1-2 days after despatch - £3.69 + VAT = £4.43
Royal Mail FIRST CLASS SIGNED FOR (1-2 days) £5.05 + VAT = £6.06
Royal Mail NEXT DAY GUARANTEED £10.65 + VAT = £12.78
NEXT DAY IMPORTANT INFO: Order must be place before 12 midday and delivery is MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONLY. Please note that you must be there to sign for this service which is delivered by your own postman - he/she cannot just leave it on the porch and he/she cannot hand it to a neighbour.
Gifts: Please ensure that the correct address is entered for shipping - it is unfair to expect us to re send an order when you have made an error. It is even more unfair to give us poor review feedback when it is entirely your fault and not ours. It is impossible for us to check each and every shipping address before we send it out. UK addresses can be checked on the Royal Mail website so please click here or copy and paste into your browser:
We can send gifts all over the world and only charge the rates we are charged ourselves plus VAT. Ireland is classed as
We want you to be 100% satisfied, not only with your purchases but also with your dealings with us. If you have a problem please let us know. If you have been sent a Trust Pilot request and you do not want to respond please just delete it. If you get a request for feedback and your order has not arrived please let us know. If you wish to insure your order you can do that with Trusted Shops but again you will receive an email checking that everything is satisfactory so if you dislike such emails don't start the process!
Confirmation emails: Take care spelling your email address correctly, we have no magic system of knowing what it can possibly be and if it is wrong you will not get an email from us. Some customers have btinternet.com/co.uk and hotmail addresses both always drop us into the Spam mail. Please check there when you make an order with us to see confirmation and shipping emails.
We are happy to offer an extended return period for Christmas presents but would ask that all exchanges and returns are with us before 9th January 2024 so we have an opportunity to re sell. Items sent back worn or with glitter on will not be refunded!
If you are not happy with your purchases you can return them to us for a refund or exchange providing they are unused and in resalable condition.
1. You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 14 days. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel you must notify us in writing, either email or phone.
2. The item(s) must be returned within 28 days of invoice date. Please complete the Returns Form enclosed with your order as this will help speed up the refund process. Goods are refunded within 10 days of arrival here.
3. Goods must be returned depending on their insurance value - these items are your responsibility when they are in your care and you must get valuable items covered by using one of the tracked and signed for services - this is for your protection and not ours - if something gets lost coming back to us you need to be able to make a claim - although unbelievably rare it does happen.
4. We will credit your original method of payment. If the products you return are faulty or not as ordered we will of course give you a full refund plus the postage costs back to us. We try to do this the day the return gets back to us but we are a small company and sometimes we are just too busy and will do it asap.
5. If you want to exchange any items, please email or ring on 01886 853 615 so that we can let you know whether we have that item in stock. There is no need to return the box for an exchange of the contents but you do need to return the box for a refund for slippers as they are in their own special boxes.
6. We try our very best to respond to e-mails within 1 day. Please bear in mind that in very bad weather we have been known to lose our Broadband connection and our phone lines - the farm is the last one on the line in the middle of nowhere and we have ongoing connection problems.
7. Peel off right hand sticker on returns form to: Perilla Limited, Park Farm,
8. If you return goods because of a change of mind or gifts are unwanted we will deduct the cost of postage out to you even if they were sent out for free.
10. If goods are returned for a refund then our cost of postage out to you will be deducted from that refund unless we or the goods were at fault.
11. We do not give refunds for gift boxes as they cannot be used again.
Please Note - Colours: Colours look different when they are photographed outside to studio shots but we try very hard indeed to represent the colours as best we can. Pinks and reds are notoriously hard to do. What we have no control over is how your own PC monitor, iPad, iPhone or other device is set, brighter or darker - it makes a huge difference.
Please note that we give these socks multiple names: half hose, three quarter, ski, sailing and alpaca socks with cushioned sole for SEO purposes (Search Engine Optimisation). Although you might think this is a bit silly it is vital when you are running an online business to have landing pages that meet the search criteria.
ABOUT OUR SOCKS:
These are made of 75% pure alpaca and 25% nylon, which gives the socks shape. The sides are ribbed and the soles are cushioned.
Alpaca has unique hollow fibres which have higher insulating properties than any other wool. The fibre has a low prickle factor and can be worn by those who normally cannot tolerate wool next to their skin. Alpaca is as soft as cashmere to wear and as strong as silk and more hardwearing than both. Alpaca naturally repels bacteria and odour so socks can be worn for a week without the need to wash. Embrace the arrival of Long Life Socks!
Natural yarn colours - like all animals alpaca fleece colours are different on each and every one of them. Sometimes our mid grey is a bit paler, sometimes a bit darker. Charcoal can sometimes take on a slightly brown hue - these are natural, undyed colours from a living animal and they vary. If you want charcoal to be almost black buy black!
We have found that alpaca socks and knitwear wash beautifully and there is no shrinkage at all, ever. We have socks that have been worn and washed regularly for the last five years and they are still perfect.
It is not heat that will ruin your alpaca goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine – or hand wash of course. Beware of washing machines that are microchipped - once you have selected a setting it cannot be changed if it is incorrect - the programme is set (Miele is the prime example) and no amount of knob twiddling will change that setting!
- Wash on a 30/40°C WOOL PROGRAMME ONLY.
- No more than 1 Kilo of washing to be in machine.
- Use wool specific detergent.
- Wash in a net bag or pillowcase.
- Can be washed gently by hand in tepid water with a short spin; do not rub
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally – they do take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not dry on direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Can be ironed.