Alpaca shooting socks for women made of 75% alpaca. These fabulous plain knee length country socks are ribbed with a soft cushioned sole and hand linked toe seams, for extra comfort. As soft as cashmere to wear but far more robust.
Please click on Information & Care for more information about alpaca socks.Extra Small come in Raspberry, Grape, Purple, Sedge Green, Heather, Mid Blue, Natural Charcoal, Brown and Mid Grey.
The cut off date for Christmas returns for refunds was over a week ago so please be aware that a voucher code only will now be offered.
We post Monday - Friday only using Royal Mail. Please allow a couple of working days for us to catch up with orders over the weekends. If you need an order quickly then please add First Class Post which will be sent on the same day if placed before 12 midday. That will take between 2 to 3 days in the current situation of slow mail. Next Day is what is says BUT must be placed before 12 midday.
Basket value of £50 and over we offer free postage - these will be posted First Class Signed For - UK ONLY.
Basket value of £100 and over we offer free postage for Europe.
All our post is sent via Royal Mail and delivered by your own postman unless it is particularly large and then it will be sent with Fed Ex.
Postage rates: Our default postage is 2nd Class small parcel - delivery 3-4 days from dispatch. By law we have to add VAT to these rates. Royal Mail prices go up bi-annually.
Standard Post - takes 3-4 days after dispatch - £3.00 + VAT = £3.60
1st Class Signed For (2-3 days) £4.85 + VAT = £5.82
Special Delivery Next Day Service 8.95 + VAT = £10.74
Our default postage is now 2nd Class standard small packet unless they are large items in which case they will go by a carrier. The carrier will need a signature or your permission to leave somewhere safe.
Gifts: Please ensure that the correct address is entered for shipping - it is unfair to expect us to re send an order when you have made an error. It is even more unfair to give us poor review feedback when it is entirely your fault and not ours. It is impossible for us to check each and every shipping address before we send out. UK addresses can be checked on the Royal Mail website so please click here or copy and paste into your browser:
We can send gifts all over the world and only charge the rates we are charged ourselves plus VAT.
We want you to be 100% satisfied, not only with your purchases but also with your dealings with us. If you have a problem please let us know. If you have been sent a Trust Pilot request and you do not want to respond please just delete it. If you get a request for feedback and your order has not arrived please let us know. If you wish to insure your order you can do that with Trusted Shops but again you will receive an email checking that everything is satisfactory so if you dislike such emails don't start the process!
Confirmation emails: Take care spelling your email address correctly, we have no magic system of knowing what it can possibly be and if it is wrong you will not get an email from us. Some customers have btinternet.com/co.uk and hotmail addresses both always drop us into the Spam mail. Please check there when you make an order with us to see confirmation and shipping emails.
Exchanges: We are taking slightly longer than normal to get exchanges done as returns have to be quarantined for three days and we are so very busy. Please bear with us, we are doing the best we can.
If you are not happy with your purchases you can return them to us for a refund or exchange providing they are unused and in re-saleable condition.
1. You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 14 days. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel you must notify us in writing, either email or phone. The cost of postage will be deducted if we are not at fault.
2. The item(s) must be returned within 28 days of invoice date. Please complete the Returns Form enclosed with your order as this will help speed up the refund process. Goods are refunded within 10 days of arrival here.
3. Goods must be returned depending on their insurance value - these items are your responsibility when they are in your care and you must get valuable items covered by using one of the tracked and signed for services - this is for your protection and not ours - if something gets lost coming back to us you need to be able to make a claim - although unbelievably rare it does happen.
4. We will credit your original method of payment. If the products you return are faulty or not as ordered we will of course give you a full refund plus the postage costs back to us. We try to do this the day the return gets back to us but we are a small company and sometimes we are just too busy and will do it asap.
5. If you want to exchange any items, please email or ring on 01886 853 615 so that we can let you know whether we have that item in stock. There is no need to return the box for an exchange of the contents but you do need to return the box for a refund for slippers as they are in their own special boxes.
6. We try our very best to respond to e-mails within 1 day. Please bear in mind that in very bad weather we have been known to lose our Broadband connection and our phone lines - the farm is the last one on the line in the middle of nowhere and we have ongoing connection problems.
7. Peel off right hand sticker on returns form to: Perilla Limited, Park Farm,
8. If you return goods because of a change of mind or gifts are unwanted we will deduct the cost of postage out to you even if they were sent out for free.
10. If goods are returned for a refund then our cost of postage out to you will be deducted from that refund unless we or the goods were at fault.
11. We do not give refunds for gift boxes as they cannot be used again.
12. Slippers must be returned within 28 days - no excuses please - we are unsure why customers seem to think they are exempt from the returns rules. For reasons of hygiene alone we just do not allow it. Would you like to buy a pair of slippers that have sat in someone's house for six months - nope didn't think you would!
Please Note - Colours: Colours look different when they are photographed outside to studio shots but we try very hard indeed to represent the colours as best we can. Pinks and reds are notoriously hard to do. What we have no control over is your own monitor and how that is set.
Country Socks have several other names: Festival Socks, Women's Shooting Socks, Men's Shooting Socks, Wellington Boot Socks. This is for SEO purposes and although you may think this is absurd it is imperative when you run an online business that search criteria land on the correct page.
These are made of 75% pure alpaca and 25% nylon, which gives the socks shape. The sides are ribbed and the soles are cushioned; the toes are hand-linked to give a superb flat finish which is very comfortable. Alpaca is as soft as cashmere to wear but far more hardwearing.
Alpaca has unique hollow fibres which have higher insulating properties than any other wool. The fibre has a low prickle factor and can be worn by those who normally cannot tolerate wool next to their skin. Alpaca naturally repels bacteria and odour so socks can be worn for a week without the need to wash. Embrace the arrival of Long Life Socks!
We have found that alpaca socks and knitwear wash beautifully and there is no shrinkage at all, ever. We have socks that have been worn and washed regularly for the last five years and they are still perfect.
It is not heat that will ruin your alpaca goods but agitation, this is why it is imperative to do them on a wool cycle only in your machine – or hand wash of course. Beware of washing machines that are microchipped - once you have selected a setting it cannot be changed if it is incorrect - the programme is set (Miele is the prime example) and no amount of knob twiddling will change that setting!
- Wash on a 30/40°C WOOL PROGRAMME ONLY.
- No more than 1 Kilo of washing to be in machine.
- Use wool specific detergent.
- Wash in a net bag or pillowcase.
- Can be washed gently by hand in tepid water with a short spin; do not rub
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Reshape while damp.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry naturally – they do take 24 hours to air dry properly.
- Do not dry on direct heat such as a radiator or Aga.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Can be ironed.