Luxury alpaca fur hats. These are much deeper in the brim with a more expensive lining and come in three sizes. They are incredibly glamorous, so light and warm and perfect for winter weddings and the racecourse.
Sumptuous alpaca fur is made from the skins of baby alpaca that have died from natural causes - normally hypothermia in the wet season - they are far too valuable to kill for their skins as they can live easily into their twenties and yield a fleece every year. Improved methods of husbandry funded by the Peruvian government is having excellent results in reducing Cria mortality. Obviously this is great news but it has meant that there is a shortage of the finest quality skins to make our wonderful hats making them more expensive this year.
These still have a domed top that is done in a clipped alpaca fur. 2nd image shows how dark navy is - in a brighter light you can see it is navy and against the black.
Hats will be beautifully gift boxed as standard. Our supplier is a registered Fair Trader.
All our prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs.
These are the actual rates we pay - we do not make any profit on postage. Postage rates: 2nd Class Signed For delivery £3.32+ VAT = £3.98 (within 3 days); Next Day is £10.40 + VAT = £12.90; Saturday Guarantee £15.48 + VAT = £18.58 (to be done on a Friday only or for customers who are only home on a Saturday).
Christmas - returns and exchanges of goods will only be accepted up 14 days after Christmas Day being the 8th January - after this date a credit note only will be issued. No exceptions!
Last posting dates for 2nd Class Signed for is 19th December and the last day for Special Delivery is Friday 20th December. Any orders received after those dates will be despatched within 5 days and treated as normal orders.
We can normally get orders dispatched within 3 working (Monday - Friday) days, however, we don't guarantee this as there can be some sporadic very busy days. We do not post on Saturdays.
Orders are now sent 2nd class Signed For (takes up to 3 days) unless they are large items in which case they will go by a carrier. The carrier will need a signature or your permission to leave somewhere safe.
If you would like your item by the following day please select Next Day in the shipping option section. Please note that the cut off time for this is 12 midday Monday to Friday only - we do not work over the weekends. These are sent via Royal Mail's Special Delivery service and must be signed for. If you do an order on Friday before 12 midday and you want it for Saturday you need to select the Saturday Guarantee option or it will arrive on Monday. You can always phone to make absolutely sure we have received your Next Day order – 01886 853 615.
We can send gifts all over the world and only charge the rates we are charged ourselves.
It has been a labour of love to source the wonderful products that you've seen on this site. Similarly, we want to be sure that Perilla also offers the very best customer service. We want you to be 100% satisfied, not only with your purchases but also with your dealings with us. If you have a problem please let us know.
Returns: If you are not happy with your purchases you can return them to us for a refund or exchange providing they are unused and in re-saleable condition. We will not refund socks that have been worn as it is unhygienic.
1. You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 7 working days starting the day of delivery. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel you must notify us in writing, either email or letter.
2. It would be helpful to us if you could e-mail your intention to return the goods to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete the Returns Form enclosed with your order as this will help speed up the refund process. Goods are refunded within 30 days.The item(s) must be returned within 14 days of invoice date (
3. Goods must be returned by Signed For or Special Delivery depending on their insurance value.
4. We will credit your original method of payment. If the products you return are faulty or not as ordered we will of course give you a full refund plus the postage costs back to us.
5. If you want to exchange any items, please ring on 01886 853 615 so that we can let you know whether we have that item in stock. There is no need to return the box for an exchange.
6. We try our very best to respond to e-mails within 1 day. Please bear in mind that in very bad weather we have been known to lose our Broadband connection and our phone lines - the farm is the last one on the line in the middle of nowhere.
7. Peel off right hand sticker on returns form to: Perilla Limited, Park Farm,
Colours: Colours look different when they are photographed outside to studio shots but we try very hard indeed to represent the colours as best we can. Pinks and reds are notoriously hard to do. What we have no control over is your own monitor and how that is set - we have three PC's and one Apple Mac in our office and the colours look slightly different on each of them.
Alpaca hats love being in the snow (that's what they do best) and fine in light rain but they do not like torrential rain.
If they get wet please allow them to dry in a cool room. Do not put on an Aga or radiator to dry, they will go hard like leather gloves.
When perfectly dry give them a brush around the band with a good quality clean hairbrush and a blow with a hair dryer on a low heat improves them enormously.
In the hot summer months put your hat into a pillowcase and put in a cool cupboard (or keep in the box we send) make sure that moths cannot get at them.
Felt and Tweed Hats.
If these get wet, leave in a cool place to dry not over or near direct heat. Brush off any mud when dry with a clothes brush.
you might also be interested in these:
Liquid error: Expected collection handle (String) but got NilClass